Saturday, August 7, 2010

Growing Kids...

     About six or seven years ago, a wonderful family moved in across the street from us.  The couple was about my age with three small boys.  Shortly after moving in, the boys discovered that part of our front yard was perfect for playing baseball, football or just goofing around.  The mom, who would become a great friend to me, came over and apologized for the boys constantly being in our yard and I told her, "We're growing kids, not grass.  The boys are welcome anytime."  The boys played in our yard (both front and back) for the next few years until the family moved.  (Still miss you, Cynthia!) 
     This summer I have been reminded of the 'growing kids...' line I gave Cynthia as my girls and nephews have discovered the 'homemade slip n slide'.  Here is a picture of what my backyard looks like this morning:

The culprits responsible...

Corey and Cait

Morgan and Chase

And, of course, Hannah (Don't let the innocent smile fool you!)

One of these days, we will probably have the pristine yard Wayne has always dreamed of...but, gosh, I hope not!

No comments:

Post a Comment