Friday, August 13, 2010

Life is a Dream

    
     I know I may be a bit partial, but I honestly think I have the best kids in the world.  Today, I got to spend the day with my oldest and only son, Wes.  Wes is twenty-four years old and I have had countless people ask me over the years what I did to raise such a charming, considerate, extraordinary son.  My reply has always been, "Nothing.  That's just Wes."  And that's the truth.  Wes is witty, smart, responsible and fun, but most of all he is a really good person.  He cares about his family, friends and the world.
     Today, we had lunch and did some shopping and I was thinking about how I really like spending time with him.  Wes and I can talk about anything...or nothing.  We laugh and joke, but we also talk about serious stuff, like his thoughts and fears and feelings.  It's good.  Really good.
     On my way home, I remembered that silly children's song and thought, you know, maybe life really is a dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment