Monday, November 8, 2010

Mom and Mo's Excellent Adventure

Our house has always been the one teenagers migrate to and through the years we've seen a lot of kids come and go, but in the midst of it all, we've had some of those special kids who just seem to come in and never leave.  :)  The ones who fit in so perfectly with our crazy family, I sometimes forget I didn't give birth to them.  These two young men are a couple of those kids.

First there is Bobby.  Bobby is one of Hannah's best friends and has also become one of Morgan's.  Morgan and Bobby are hilarious together.  They're silly and funny, but one thing I know for sure, Bobby always has Morgan's back.  No matter what, this kid would lay down his life for his little MoMo.  (Although he calls her his wife too, because she nags him so much!)
Another one of my favorites is Blake.  Blake came in as a friend of Hannah's boyfriend, Luke, but quickly won us over.  He is one of the sweetest kids I've ever met and has the biggest heart.  Blake is smart and witty, and incredibly kind.  He's the type of kid who just makes you glad you have kids his age so you can be around him.


Bobby and Blake play soccer for our high school, so this weekend Morgan and I headed out, just the two of us, to watch them play in the state championship game.

It was a long drive, but filled with lots of laughs and smiles and really good conversation.  I love spending time with Morgan.  She is smart and funny and loyal and true.  She thinks about things most fourteen year olds don't, things like what's going on in the world, what she can do to make things better and her place in all of it.  But she definitely has her goofy moments too.
Morgan has great friends.  Like her very best friend, Drew.  I had to tease Drew about his hat at the game, but he was smart for wearing it, it was COLD!
In the end, our team lost the game, but I couldn't be more proud of "my" boys.  They had an amazing season.

And thanks to them, I got to spend a wonderful weekend away from writing and deadlines.  I got to stay in a luxury hotel and eat cheesecake in bed.

But most importantly of all, I got to spend time with my Mo, and that's the sweetest thing of all.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this blog:) You're making great memories my friend!

    ReplyDelete